TTC Journey

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A long 2 weeks

First off, thank you ladies for your sweet words and support. It meant a lot.

These past two weeks have been purely stressful. My grandmother’s health took a turn for the worse on Sunday, February 6 and sadly passed away a week ago on Wednesday, February 9th. I went up each day to be there for my Mom. My Mom and I were with my Nanny for her final moments. To say that the last two weeks have been very emotional is an understatement. I have been trying to stay strong for my mom and have been helping her take care of everything. All I can say is that my Mom is an extremely strong and compassionate person. Her love and care is what put my Nanny at peace with leaving this world. I love you Mommy and the person you are.

Of course this past week I was also dealing with the longest visit from AF I have ever had. She was vicious. Boy, I happy to see her finally go. We are planning on starting IVF #2 after my next cycle. Hubs has a business trip the first week of April, so we will see how the timing works out. I am ready for our next go around. I feel so much calmer already knowing what to expect. I have an appointment scheduled for February 21st to talk to the head doctor about our previous attempt as well as our next. I have a list of questions that continues to grow and am looking forward to getting some answers.

To add salt to the wound, Saturday was my cousin’s BABY SHOWER! Talk about 4 hours of torture.

Hubs and I had a very nice and quiet Valentine’s at home with our fur baby. He got me a beautiful bracelet and charm for my necklace. We had a wonderful spaghetti dinner, snuggled on the couch, and caught up on our shows.

I am looking forward to my 4-day weekend. I just wish Friday’s projected 68 degree weather was lasting all weekend.

Hurry up Spring… I miss you!

2 comments:

  1. Glad your back. I'm so sorry to hear about your Nanny. Hate to be clique', but 'when it rains it pours' huh?
    You sound o.k. though. Your post sounds calm and ready for the next cycle. We'll all be there for you, cheering you on. Finding a plethora of sperm cannot be your only victory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you for the birthday wishes :) I was so happy to see your comment. I've been wondering how you were, havent seen you on here for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete