TTC Journey

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stimming Right Along...

This weekend was very relaxing. Friday night we went to Bonefish Grill. Hubs and I keep talking about how hopeful we are for Dr. M to find sperm. I can tell he is nervous and he is also worried about what will happen if they don’t. I have been remaining optimistic and very hopeful. I feel like I have been calmer since I started the injections. Saturday we slept in and relaxed all day long as the snow fell outside. It was wonderful. On Sunday, I cooked a delicious roast and my parents came over to watch the Eagles game. On Monday, I had my 2nd u/s and blood work. My ovaries are growing nicely. They are thinking I might have the ER this weekend, the latest being Monday. The doctor told me to start Ganirelix along with my shots. By the looks of my legs, especially my right, the nurse told me to try the injections in my belly. Ewww (right Sarah!) However, I am quite surprised that I actually like the shots better there. I don’t seem to bruise as easy either. I did the Menopur and Follistim in my stomach and Ganirelix in my thigh. Let’s just call Ganirelix the “She-Devil.” I had a nice pleasant burn from her for a good hour followed by a pretty bruise to add to my collection. Yesterday, I decided to switch the Menopur back to my thigh and do Ganirelix in my stomach. She wasn’t nearly as much of a devil in the belly but still made her presence known.

Luckily today I had a snow day. It was great. Hubs went into work later because he had to snow blow the driveway and make sure I could get out ok. I had my u/s & b/w this morning. Dr. V. said I am moving right along. My lining is at 10.

Right Ovary: 18, 18, 15, 14, 14, 13, 12, and 3 smaller ones
Left Ovary: 15, 14, 13, 9, and 4 smaller ones

Dr. V upped my Menopur and Follistim. He wants me back Friday morning. He said there good chance we will trigger Friday or Saturday. Wow. This is going by fast. I ended up having to do 4 shots since my Follistim pen ran out of medicine. I am getting this shot thing down to a science. I did order one more Ganirelix shot in case I need it for Friday.

Today went by so fast. I spent the day making calendars on Snapfish for my Mom and me. I have been so busy with everything else that they got put on the back burner. I think they came out nice. Plus they are 50% and free shipping. I guess it was good I waited. Well, I am off to get something started for dinner.

Keep growing little eggs!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Sounds like everything is going great so far :) Ohhh I didnt realize you were doing them in your leg, Ive heard those hurt way worse than the stomach. Even though sticking a needle in my stomach still does CREEP ME OUT :) So jealous you had a snow day! It was a blizzard here too, but my work didnt close :( Cant wait to hear how everything is going. Wow, ER for this weekend..very exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't imagine doing shots in my leg but with such a sore belly right now it's hard not to consider that option! Thanks for the shout out on my blog and I'm excited to have found another cycle buddy! Plus, I'm your third follower and the number 3 is my favorite number so I hope it brings you some luck!

    ReplyDelete